Sunday, March 16, 2008

attempting to upload Flickr

well, today I tried Flickr for the first time. I use Photobucket regularly and was happy with it, so hadn't tried Flickr before. It went well until I tried to add a blog link to my photo, Google denied access because something was missing from Flickr's info! I think I will try again later, at home.

Some of the comments I have read on the NSW Learning 2.0 page discussed the issue of personal photos and allowing others to see them. Thankfully both Photobucket and Flickr allow you to set your Privacy settings so that photos you upload can be either Private or Public. I consider this to be sufficient protection.

One of the main benefits of these online photo albums is the opportunity to share your photos with family and friends who do not live close by. Another benefit is storage. I have lost a number of photos over the years, either because my computer has crashed and deleted everything; or I have upgraded my software and my 'burnt to cd' photos no longer open because the program is incompatible. Being able to put your photos into WWW storage that can be accessed anywhere, anytime, is perfect.

No comments: